Saturday, November 17, 2007

Welcome

My name is Ian Jacoby, and I am 28 years old. I don’t have a middle name, a trait that every male member of the Jacoby lineage shares. The female Jacobys, like my Aunt Helen, all have two middle names as a sort of way of evening it out. The odd thing about that is they all have the same two middle names, Helen and Jane. Aunt Helen of course has bitterly complained (after one too many hits of the ol' drinky drink) about the redundancy that is her name, but family tradition and the threat of becoming a black sheep has prevented her from any kind of name change. Thus, Helen Helen Jane Jacoby has always been her name and will always continue to be.

I have decided to use the interweb, or information superhighway (a phrase I coined and NOT Nam June Paik) to post my biography since nobody has accepted my manuscript.


Aunt Helen Helen Jane's Vice: Too many sips of the drinky-drink.



My Vice: Repeated listening of books on tape, usually Tolstoy, and in his native Russian. I hope one day to understand what is being read to me.

No comments: